How To Be Saved
Here’s what the Bible teaches:
God loves us and has a purpose for our lives:
“For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)
God’s purpose is that we have eternal life.
- We receive eternal life as a free gift (Romans 6:23)
- We can live a full and meaningful life right now (John 10:10)
- We will spend eternity with Jesus in heaven (John 14:3)
We are all sinners by nature and by choice.
“For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23)
- We cannot save ourselves. (Ephesians 2:9)
- We deserve death and hell (Romans 6:23)
God is holy and just and must punish sin. Yet He loves us and provides forgiveness for our sin.
“I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me.” (John 14:6)
- Jesus is God and became man (John 1:1,14)
- Jesus died for us on the cross (1 Peter 3:18)
- Jesus was resurrected from the dead (Romans 4:25)
The only way Jesus can save us is for us to receive Him.
The Bible Says:
“But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name.” (John 1:12 NKJ)
- We must repent (turn away from) our sins.
“Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out….”(Acts 3:19)
- Repentance is not just feeling sorry for our sin (Acts 26:20)
- Repentance is turning away from our sin and turning to God though Jesus.
- We must place our faith in Jesus.
“For by grace you have been saved, through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God” (Ephesians 2:8)
- Faith is not just believing facts about Jesus (James 2:19)
- Faith is trusting in Jesus
- We must surrender to Jesus as Lord.
“That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” (Romans 10:9-10)
- Surrendering to Jesus as Lord is not just saying we give our lives to
Jesus (Matthew 7:21)
- Surrendering to Jesus as Lord is really giving Jesus control of our lives.
As evidence of giving Jesus control we will want to identify with Him. The New Testament way to identify with Jesus is to confess Jesus publicly and follow Him in baptism and join the fellowship of a Bible believing church.
Ask yourself these questions:
- “Do you believe what the Bible teaches?”
- “Is there any reason why you would not be willing to receive God’s gift of eternal life?”
- “Are you willing to turn from your sin and place your faith in Jesus right now?”
- If so, pray the following prayer in your heart.
Prayer of Commitment
Dear Lord Jesus . . . I believe You are the Son of God . . .and died to forgive me of my sins. I know I have sinned. I ask You to forgive me. I turn from my sins and receive you as my Lord and Savior. Come into my heart and take charge of my life. Thank you for saving me. Amen.
Please Contact Us
If you have received the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord, we would be so
happy to hear from you. Please click below to send a message to us. Thanks!