The work of EBM in Papua New Guinea was started in 1948 when the EBM founder, G.T.Bustin pioneered a work deep into the highlands of primitive New Guinea among stone-age warriors. They welcomed him with open arms and hearts. He took reports of the warm response he received back to the United States and recruited missionary personnel and funds. Eventually seven main mission stations were established with churches, schools and medical clinics.
These Mission Stations became like little towns with residences, schools, a medical clinic, church and even an airport for missionary airplanes to bring in supplies and evacuate medical emergencies.